**TIDY TOWN UPDATE / May 12, 2017***
Tidy Town for those living west of 435 to the western City limit is Saturday, May 13th. Please see the guidelines below and note the 5 item limit for curbside.
The drop-off site will be open until 8pm on Friday, May 12th and from 8am-3pm on Saturday, May 13th. We are asking people to use the route shown in the map below to prevent long lines on Renner. There will also be signs posted.
***IF ARE ONLY DROPPING OFF TREE BRANCHES AND LIMBS, PLEASE TAKE THOSE TO THE JUSTICE CENTER PARKING LOT TO THE NORTHWEST OF JOHNSON DRIVE AND RENNER ROAD!***
***TIDY TOWN UPDATE / May 8, 2017***
We are opening the drop-off site at the southwest corner of Johnson Drive and Renner Road Wednesday, May 10 through Friday, May 12 from 3:30 p.m.-8:00 p.m. It will also be opened as planned on Saturday, May 13 from 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Please note you will have to show proof of residency at the drop-off site and be prepared to unload the items.
***TIDY TOWN UPDATE / May 1, 2017***
Thank you to everyone who has been patient through the first Tidy Town of the year. We understand there have been issues and are working with the haulers to help.
If you are a Waste Management customer living between the eastern City limits and the east side of Pflumm and your items did not get picked up curbside and they meet the requirements, the drivers will pick those up this week on your normal trash day. You can also call Waste Management directly with your concerns at (913) 631-3300.
We will also be opening the drop-off site at the southwest corner of Johnson Drive and Renner Road this Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (May 3-5) from 12pm-8pm. It will also be open as scheduled on Saturday from 8am-3pm. Please note you will have to show proof of residency at the drop-off site and be prepared to unload the items. We will also be accepting limbs from the recent storms.
Get ready for some Spring cleaning! Tidy Town is right around the corner and this year, we are adding a few improvements you need to know about. A third weekend is being added to help the trash haulers handle the added growth in western Shawnee. Here is when your items will be picked up for Tidy Town this year.
You will be able to set out five big items on the curb. Types of items include the following:
- Saturday, April 29: Residents living anywhere from Switzer (east City limit) to east side of Pflumm
- Saturday, May 6: Residents living anywhere between west side of Pflumm to east side of 435
- Saturday, May 13: Residents living anywhere from west side of 435 to western City limits
Your trash hauler is responsible for picking up these items. This service is included in your basic rate.
- Appliances - check with hauler about quantity and types
- Push lawn mowers with no fuel or oil
- Up to 4 foot rolls of carpet that are securely tied and weigh less than 50 pounds. Two rolls will count as one item.
The following will NOT be accepted at the curb:
If you have specific questions about what items can or cannot be accepted for Tidy Town, please contact your trash hauler. All items must be placed at the curb by 7:00 am on your pick-up day.
Waste Management (913) 631-3300
- Hazardous waste including flammable, explosive/reactive, corrosive/caustic, toxic/poisonous, radioactive or biologically active. Call Johnson County Health and Environment for disposal of hazardous items only at 715-6907.
- Automotive battery, engine oil or fuel tank
- Compressed gas cylinders
- Glass panels where any dimension exceeds four feet
- Wood fencing and decking materials
- Yard waste
- Latex or oil-based paint
- Fertilizer, pesticide, solvent
- Liquid waste
- Solid waste and recycling material that are collected as part of regular curbside service
- Any waste or material that is prohibited from being received, managed or disposed of at a landfill
A-1 Disposal/Superior Disposal (913) 406-9460
Town and Country/WCA (816) 380-5595
Republic (816) 254-1470
Haulers will pick up properly prepared items that look like they are out for pick up. Be sure to remove items from the curb on your collection day that you want to keep such as basketball goals and other containers.
Special Reminder: If you are a Waste Management customer, you will need to set one of your Waste Management carts at the end of the curb so they know to pick up your items. If you do not do this, your items will not be collected.
**New Tidy Town Drop Off**
In addition, we are adding a new, drop-off site option to help accommodate with other items. This drop-off site will be open to all Shawnee residents, regardless of who your trash hauler is. Here are a few more important notes.
Contact the City Clerk’s Office at (913) 742-6014 if you have questions.
- A drop-off site will be available for certain items but limited to one truck or trailer load of the following:
- Wood fencing, concrete building material, rocks and soil, construction or demolition materials like drywall, lumber and roofing material
- Other rigid items four feet or longer
- Brush but no grass clippings
- You will be required to show proof of residency at the drop-off site
- You will be required to unload your items at the drop-off site
- The drop-off site will be located at the southwest corner of Johnson Drive and Renner Road
- The drop-off site will be open from 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. on April 29, May 6 and May 13.