JOB TITLE: Dispatcher
STARTING ANNUAL SALARY: $38,105
MAXIMUM ANNUAL SALARY: $70,553
Candidates with Police Dispatcher experience are eligible for a $2,000 new-hire bonus (restrictions apply).
Dispatcher I - $38,105 - $55,265 (Starting, no previous experience)
Dispatcher II - $43,056 - $62,441 (Completion of 2 Years)
Dispatcher III - $48,651 - $70,553 (Completion of 5 Years)
Sign up to be notified about the next Dispatcher job posting.
Lateral Entries: Pay for Experience
Lateral entries for Dispatchers with previous police dispatching experience may be awarded for a maximum of 2 years of completed service at the discretion of the Chief of Police. The pay rate will be established based on comparable wages with current Shawnee Dispatchers. Starting pay rates for completed prior years of service will be up to $43,056 annually.
In addition, dispatch candidates with previous police dispatching experience may be eligible for a $2000 sign on bonus. $1000 of this bonus will be awarded upon hire, and the other $1000 will be awarded upon successful completion of the Communications Training program.
- Valid Drivers License and an acceptable driving record
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- Legal to work in the US
- 18 years of age by start date
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Successful completion of background investigation including a job fit assessment, polygraph examination, pre-employment physical and pre-employment drug screen
- Successful completion of oral examination by Staff and Police Chief
Automatic Exclusions Include:
- Prior dispatching experience
- Prior experience with Intergraph, REJIS, KCJIS, NCIC
- Honorably discharged or reserve member of the US Armed Forces or National Guard
- College degree or sixty or more college credit hours towards a specific degree or program
- Fluent in Spanish or other non-English language
- Combination of education and work/life experience
- Admitted or charged felony drug crimes within the past 5 years
- Admitted drug use within the past 2 years
- Criminal or domestic violence crime conviction
- Criminal or UCMJ felony conviction