JOB TITLE: Recruit Firefighter
STARTING ANNUAL SALARY: $38,526
Firefighters perform duties related to fire prevention, suppression, emergency rescue, basic life support, and first aid under emergency conditions frequently involving considerable danger. Employees in this classification work under direction supervision of a Fire Captain and must adhere to rules and regulations for the safety of all persons. Training provides firefighters with general guidance to perform this position, and ongoing knowledge development/maintenance is required.
Sign up to be notified about the next Firefighter Job Posting.
Minimum Qualifications for Recruit Firefighter
- Must be 18 years or older and have a High School Diploma or the equivalent
- Firefighter I Certification & Firefighter II Certification
- Kansas Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Certification
- Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) Certification taken within the last 12 months will be accepted
- Fire Service Entrance Exam (FSEE) Certification, IPMA Exam B-5) taken within the last 24 months with a passing score of 70% or greater will be accepted
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a safe driving record
- The ability to pass a post offer physical and drug screen and background investigation
Recruit Firefighter - $38,526
Firefighter I - $39,710 - $42,526
Firefighter II - $42,529 - $49,841
Firefighter III - $49,842 - $61,095
Master Firefighter - $61,096 - $71,082
Shift fire personnel work a regular pattern of 24-hour shifts in a 28 day work period. This includes: 24 hours on shift (7:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m.), 24 hours off duty, 24 hours on duty, 24 hours off duty, 24 on duty, 96 hours off duty (this schedule is often referred to as the "California Berkley Shift").