Blasting Permit Application
Shawnee Fire Department, 6501 Quivira Road, Shawnee, KS 66216, (913) 631-1080, E-Mail. Please allow two weeks for the permit to be issued.
The City of Shawnee is currently under the blasting regulations adopted by the State of Kansas, K.A.R. 22-4-1./N.F.P.A. 495; and under the International Fire Code, Chapter 33, adopted by the Shawnee Municipal Code.
It is the User/Blasters' responsibility to know, understand, and interpret into proper usage, the above stated regulations.
- City of Shawnee Blasting Permit Application filled out in detail with correct information.
- State of Kansas Explosive Storage Site Permit filled out in detail with correct information.
- State of Kansas User's Permit copied to this office.
- State of Kansas Blaster's Permit copied to this office for each responsible blaster on site.
- Map or Blueprint of blasting area with designated distance shown (magazines, roads, structures, etc.).
- Bond or acceptable insurance form for sum of at least $100,000 presented to this office.
- ATF&E Notice of Clearance copied to this office.
- Valid photo identification copied to this office for each blaster on site.
All applications and information given to the City of Shawnee Fire Department regarding blasting within the city limits of Shawnee, Kansas, are correct. All regulations are understood by this responsible party and will be followed.